Yesterday, I posted a page I created, using a James Burke mermaid tute. Well, I decided the right hand side needed one too.
In contrast to the cold colours on the opposing page, this time I went for warmer ones. Maybe subconsciously this was influenced partially by the fact that it was grey, wet and cold outside here in the north of the UK. At least in my art, I could warm things up.
So I grabbed my orange and red acrylic paints and sloshed them around the page to create a background. I pencilled in my mermaid and used an opaque blue to paint within the shape. I took my trusty Posca pen, the Lime Green, and painted my mermaid base. With other paint pens, I added detail and the journaling. Finally, I added a rash of dashes with a broad tipped red paint pen.
The border was added with a couple of brushes of yellow paint and a rough squiggle with a Dylusions paint pen.
Phew, that's mermaids out of my system for now I think! But who knows. The urge may strike again one day.